Best Student Paper Award (Announcement)
The 2020 ACC is pleased to announce a Student Best Paper Award: All primary, first-listed authors of a regular contributed paper who were students at the time of submission are eligible. To be considered for the award, the paper must be nominated by the student’s advisor. The nomination must be submitted through PaperPlaza (From the PaperPlaza main page, click on “Submit a contribution to 2020 ACC” and then “Student Best Paper Nomination.”) The deadline for nominations will be posted as the conference approaches.
The finalists are required to present their paper at the conference to be eligible to receive the award. Travel expenses including hotel, transportation, conference registration, and meals/incidental expenses (on a per diem basis) will be covered to enable the finalists to attend.
Student Travel Application Instructions
The 2020 American Control Conference Organizing Committee is pleased to provide partial student support for students traveling to the Conference. The 2020 ACC thanks our generous sponsors who make this support possible.
The following three conditions are required for support:
- The applicant must have been enrolled as a student at the 2020 ACC paper submission deadline.
- The applicant must register for the conference and present a paper.
- The applicant must not submit expenses that are being reimbursed from other sources.
Application for student travel support must be made by the student (only). Applicants will be notified of the outcome in advance of the conference. The amount of support will depend on available funds and the number of applicants.
Unfortunately, the 2020 American Control Conference may not be able to cover all of the travel expenses, for qualified students. We have a limited student support budget, but will assist as best we can within these constraints. While the exact amount of support will not be determined until all applications are received, the following information may be helpful for planning purposes: The 2020 ACC is planning to cover the cost of advance student registration and provide partial lodging support.
- Students should not register for the conference until they have been notified of the outcome of their application. The conference registration process may be different for supported students.
- Hotel partial support (exact amount will be announced) is for the conference hotel only and will be paid directly to the hotel. Students are responsible for making their own reservation at the Hilton and for paying the balance to the hotel at checkout. Early hotel reservation is recommended.
The application process is as follows:
- Download and complete the application form: Available as the conference gets closer.
- A brief letter of support from the student’s academic advisor will also be required in the process, verifying the student status of the applicant.
- Go to PaperPlaza and click on “Submit a Contribution to 2020 ACC.”
- Scroll down to the Student Travel Award Application, and hit “Submit.’
- Upload and submit the completed application from Steps 1 and 2.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation that your application has been received. If you do not receive confirmation within 48 hours, contact Dr. Kira Barton (by email at firstname.lastname@example.org), ACC 2020 Vice Chair for Student Affairs. In March you will be informed whether you are eligible for support.
For any additional information or questions on Student Programs please contact:
Vice Chair for Student Affairs
University of Michigan