The ACC 2020 online program with details on session date, time, and Zoom links to access the sessions will be posted on the 2020 ACC website http://acc2020.a2c2.org/ on June 29th. The login and password will be sent to all registered attendees by June 29th as well. Note that the conference time zone is Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
Please follow these instructions to help you run the session you are assigned to:
Ahead of time:
1. Immediately, please connect with your session chair or co-chair, and confirm that you will both be available to run your session and to support each other in this role, in case of technical difficulties for either of you. Please contact ACC Program Chair Martha Grover ([email protected]) if you are unable to connect and confirm with your session partner.
2. On Monday June 29, download the six video presentations for your session. Both the chair and the co-chair should download all six talks to their computer. Each of you should verify that all six talks will play on your machine, and let me know if any fail to play.
3. Communicate with your session partner on which of you will lead on which talks (e.g. the chair leads on the first three talks, and the co-chair on the final three talks).
4. Familiarize yourself with the Zoom virtual meeting platform. For the best experience, sign up for a Zoom account (www.zoom.com) and practice accessing a meeting, sharing your screen, etc. Note that when you share screen to present a video with sound, you MUST enable the “Share computer sound” feature so the audience can hear the sound. There are two ways to do this:
i. Select “Share Screen” button from the bottom menu, then when the Share Screen box appears, check the “Share computer sounds” option as shown:
ii. If you are already sharing your screen, expand the “More” features at the bottom-right-hand corner and a tab will expand, then select “Share computer sound” as shown:
On the day of the session:
1. Access the online conference program with the password provided in the email that was sent to all registered attendees. The online program can also be found on the ACC 2020 website starting June 29th (http://acc2020.a2c2.org). Navigate to your session. Click on the zoom link on the right for your session a few minutes before your session starts. Note — if you are too early, you may enter the Zoom meeting for a session that has not ended, so please access your session Zoom link at the appropriate time. The person who is moderating the first talk should share their screen on zoom. (This person will need to “unshare” to switch to a different moderator.) Note: the conference time zone is Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
2. At the time the session starts, greet the audience, and then introduce the first speaker, as you typically would do as a session chair. Ask the audience to mute their microphones unless they are talking. When sharing your screen to play the video presentation, be sure to check “Share computer sound” when the screen sharing dialogue box appears, otherwise the video plays and the audience does not hear audio. See instructions above on how to do this.
Start the video and let it play until it finishes. There will be five minutes for questions and discussion, which you can moderate, via the chat and/or with audience members unmuting themselves. When it is time for the next talk to start, end the question period and begin playing the next video.
(Note: there will be a volunteer assistant in the zoom room to help you as well. They will be prepared to step in and take on these duties if you or your partner are unable to do so, but we will rely on you to lead the session.)
Immediately after the session:
Consider nominating a paper in your session for the O. Hugo Schuck Award for the best paper in the ACC (award to be given during next year’s ACC): http://a2c2.org/awards/o-hugo-schuck-best-paper-award
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Martha Grover, Program Chair
Santosh Devasia, General Chair